Thursday, February 13, 2014

Olympic Stitching

IT'S THE WINTER OLYMPICS!!!

I've always loved the Olympics. When we were kids we would gather in front of the tv and be mesmerized by the athletes and the competitions. (Remember when the Olympics were held every two years, alternating between Summer and Winter competitions? Oh the anticipation that wait brought on.) And isn't the USA Team doing awesome so far!  I love Slopestyle and Snowboarding!  And I'm sorry Evgeny Plushenko from Russia had to withdraw from figure skating. I love watching him.

Blogland has several people talking about their Olympic Stitching projects, so I thought I'd join the fun! My project has been languishing a very long time in my stitching stash, just waiting for more than a once-a-year passing glance. It's Bent Creek's "Glory". Fitting, no?

I love this pattern, but large blocks of color get boring and I go looking for a flower or something else to stitch. BUT...This is the year of finishing - finishing stitching on projects, or turning stitching into a finished ornament, framed picture, etc. So I'll challenge myself to stay with this one to the end!

Glory - Bent Creek design

Happy Stitching everyone! Go USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment