Thursday, July 4, 2019

July 4, 2019

Jolly July #4

Happy 4th of July!  It was a beautiful day here, with cloudy skies, about 78 degrees, and a light breeze. Great for sitting out to watch a hometown parade! Met at Mom's place, with Aunt Doris, cousin Gary and my sister Lori all watching Parade Marshal Uncle Myron go by! This was part of the Derby 150th year celebration, and since he was born here, so is one of the eldest Derbyites and certainly has the longest history in the city, he was selected as Parade Marshal. Pretty neat I think.

Today I'm stitching on Val's Stuff "Jingle My Bells", an ornament kit from a couple years ago. One of those projects that I thought would be fun, but brought home and put away instead of stitching. So, here we go for 2019!

Have you noticed I seem to have a "type" in my ornaments this year? Something about that checkboard border must really draw my eye. I promise this won't show up on every ornie!
#jollyjuly


No comments:

Post a Comment